From the time of the Apostles to today, Christians have always laid out their doctrine in brief, definitive statements. These statements of faith have always been helpful in summarizing what the church believes, in promoting unity, and guarding the church from error. At Christ Reformed Church, our Statement of Faith comes from the 1689 Second London Baptist Confession of Faith as seen below. To read a particular section of our confession, click on any of the titles below.
The 1689 Baptist Confession of Faith in Modern English
Additional documents helpful in the expression of the true, Biblical faith include the Belgic Confession (A.D. 1561), the Canons of Dordt (A.D. 1618-1619), and the Heidelberg Catechism (A.D. 1563). These documents and the other writings of John Calvin and the Puritans have a secondary role to Scripture. We encourage the reading of the Holy Bible first and foremost (Ecclesiastes 12:11-14).
Social Justice, Marxism, Anti-Americanism
We denounce the false, different gospel (Galatians 1:6-10) being promulgated in Christianity known by such names as: New Calvinism (https://www.newcalvinist.com/), Neo-Calvinism, and "Young, Restless, Reformed." Its doctrines include social justice, socialism, communism, Marxism, liberation theology, progressivism (so called), critical race theory, racial reconciliation (so called, because it actually causes racial strife), white privilege, white guilt, intersectionality, violence, reparations, idolatry, evolutionism, feminism (including easy divorce, female pastors), sodomy (homosexuality), sexual orientation, freedom to sin (antinomianism, no Ten Commandments), the infringement of religious freedom against Christians, the murder of babies, Arminianism, Libertarian Freewillism, Catholicism, universalism (everyone will be saved, including Satan), inclusivism (people are saved if they respond to whatever knowledge, even if they do not believe in Christ), Marcionism, Dispensationalism, New Covenant Theology (so called), celebritism, hedonism, and materialism.
These are destructive heresies (2 Peter 2) contrary to Scripture and they subvert a peaceful, American society (and worldwide, for that matter) where Christians may freely preach the true Gospel (1 Timothy 2:1-7). These destructive and demonic heresies are usually foisted on society by the Democrat Party, schools, universities (including Christian colleges and seminaries), the media, social media, and the entertainment industry. They have infiltrated churches and denominations, and now we have an entirely apostate and perverted Christianity which shows no resemblance to Biblical beliefs and conduct.
Our church (ChristReformedChurchDFW.org) is Reformed in the original sense of the term in the 1500 to 1600s. We reject the heretical beliefs of most of the Reformed and Calvinistic churches today, especially those in the Southern Baptist Convention, the Presbyterian Church in America, the Association of Reformed Baptist Churches of America (https://www.arbca.com/), in websites (TheGospelCoalition.org; DesiringGod.org; and others), and in conferences (Gospel Coalition, T4G, G3, Shepherds' Conference, Fight Laugh Feast Network). These heretics include Timothy Keller, D.A. Carson, Albert Mohler, Russell Moore, J.D. Greear, Danny Akin, Mark Dever, John Piper (http://www.therealjohnpiper.com/), Matt Chandler, David Platt, Alistair Begg, Doug Wilson, Jeff Durbin, John MacArthur, Steve Lawson, Paul Washer, Voddie Baucham, Josh Buice, and numerous others (https://www.newcalvinist.com/). These men either explicitly or implicitly support the heresies above. The Biblical approach can be found in this series of sermons: https://www.christreformedchurch.net/sermons/watch-out/.
The Approach to Ministry of Christ Reformed Church
By Jerry Jackson and Ishwaran Mudliar (July 2017)
1. The Holy Bible as Central; Simple Ministry of the Word, without Children’s, Youth, and other Programs (Deuteronomy 31:9-13; Nehemiah 8:1-8; Romans 10:17; Ephesians 6:17; 1 Peter 1:22-25; 2:1-3; 2 Timothy 3:14-17; 2 Peter 3:1-2, 14-18; Hebrews 5:11-14)
2. Regulative Principle; Solemn and Joyful Worship, not Frivolous (Leviticus 10; Isaiah 6; Malachi 1:6-14; 1 Corinthians 11-14; Regulated by Scripture Alone: Deuteronomy 4:2; 12:32; Proverbs 30:5-6; Matthew 15:1-20; Mark 7:1-23; Revelation 22:18-19)
3. The Husband as Head of the Wife (Ephesians 5:22-33; 1 Corinthians 11:1-3; 1 Peter 3:1-7)
4. Godly Families; the Father Reading the Scriptures and Praying with Family (Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Psalm 78:1-8; Ephesians 5:22-6:9; Colossians 3:18-4:1; 2 Timothy 1:5; 3:14-17; 1 Peter 3:1-7)
5. Qualified Men as Elders and Deacons; Qualifications Come from Pastoral Epistles, not Programs; No Democracy and Committees (Ephesians 4:11-16; books of 1 and 2 Timothy and Titus; 1 Peter 5:1-5)
6. No denominations and highly paid executives (Numbers 16:15; 1 Samuel 12:1-5; Jeremiah 15:10; Acts 20:33-35; 1 and 2 Timothy; Titus; 1 Timothy 6:6-10, 17-19)
7. Encouraging Righteousness among Members; Service to One Another, and Tithing, not Sports and Hobbies as Church Meetings (Colossians 3:16; Hebrews 6:9-12; 10:24-25, 32-34; 12:14-17; 1 Peter 4:11; 2 Peter 1:1-11)
8. Reformed Theology as Embodied in the Second London Baptist Confession of 1689
9. Reading of John Calvin, the Canons of Dordt, Belgic Confession, Westminster Confession, the Puritans, and Church Fathers above Modern Authors
10. The Doctrines of the Gospel of Grace (TULIP, unequivocally including Limited Atonement)
Total Depravity (Romans 1:18-3:20)
Unconditional Election (Romans 9:1-33)
Limited Atonement (Romans 8:26-39)
Irresistible Grace (Romans 8:29-30)
Perseverance of the Saints (Romans 8:26-39)
11. Covenant Theology or Gospel in the Old Testament (Luke 24:25-27; Acts 2:22-36; 17:2-3; 18:24-28; Galatians 3:6-14; 1 Peter 1:10-12)
12. Five Solas of the Reformation: sola scriptura (Isaiah 8:19-22), sola gratia (Ephesians 2:1-10), sola fide (Romans 4:1-25), solus christus (Acts 4:12), soli deo gloria (Romans 11:33-36)
13. Believer’s Baptism/Immersion in Water (John 3:23; Acts 8:36-40; 16:34; Romans 6:1-11)
14. The Two Greatest Commandments, Ten Commandments, and Progressive Sanctification (Mark12:28-34; Exodus 20:1-17; 1 Corinthians 9:21; Romans 6:1-23; 2 Peter 1:1-11; 1 John 2:3-6)
15. Orthodoxy and Heresy; Naming Heresies and Heretics such as Liberalism, Prosperity Gospel, Marxist Liberation Theology, New Calvinism, and even the Personal Names of False Teachers (Matthew 23:1-39; 2 Timothy 1:15-18; 2:16-18; 3:8; 4:9-16; Revelation 2:6, 15, 20)
16. Contrastive Instructional Method (Matthew 7:13-29; 1 Corinthians 10:1-13; Hebrews 5:11-14; 1 John 1:5-10)
17. Teaching of Whole Counsel of God, whether Easy or Hard Teachings (Ezekiel 3:1-11; Acts 20:26-27; 2 Timothy 4:1-8; 2 Peter 3:14-18)
18. No False Dichotomies of Essential and Nonessential Doctrines in Order to Promote the Deceit of Pluralism/Relativism/Postmodernism (2 Kings 17:7-41; Matthew 5:17-20; 24:35; John 10:35; 2 Corinthians 6:14-18; 2 Timothy 3:14-17; 2 Peter 3:1-2, 14-18; James 2:10-11)
19. True Love and Grace, Biblically Defined and Not Like the Common Culture (Proverbs 27:5-6, 17; Mark 10:17-21; 2 Corinthians 11:7-11, 20-30; Galatians 2:11-21; 4:16; James 5:19-20)
20. Imprecations for Justice (Psalms 35 and 58; Luke 18:1-8; James 5:1-6; 5:16-18; Revelation 6:9-11; 16:4-7)
21. Missions, Evangelism, Apologetics, and Polemics Citing Scripture and Its Truths Profusely (Matthew 28:16-20; Romans 10:14-17; Acts 17:2-3, 16-34; 18:24-28; 1 Corinthians 2:1-5; 2
22. Rejection of the Social Gospel, Social Justice, Marxism, and Anti-Americanism (Galatians 1:6-10; 2 Peter 2:1-22; 1 Timothy 2:1-7; Jeremiah 29:1-14)